Author Topic: What LPs have you just bought?  (Read 26690 times)

Macrotrust

• View Profile
What LPs have you just bought?
« on: October 30, 2020, 12:26:20 AM »
I am going to start a new thread here- coming from Xtremeplace i thought it is best to find a new forum where our Singapore content is preserved not besieged by Aussie "ruler" with the objective of monetarising their investment as to hit their KPI with the number of new membership created. The forum should be open to all viewer without any registration. If people are passionate they will join. Why restrict viewing where there is no intellectual property involved - it is about having fun with like minded people to share and exchange view. 

The above LPs are really good- dont miss it- cause once production is over- it take many yrs to print or repress. do not think they will repress cause there are so many Jazz titles. Get the Tone Poet- value for money.

Music Matter Jazz is the best sounding- but it is premium pricing for most people.

jb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What LPs have you just bought?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 10:44:01 AM »
welcome to the forum, agree that Xtremeplace has change till I cannot recongise it anymore... hope more Xtremeplacer able to share their view here and  our hobby.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 08:45:56 PM by jb »

sydney1128

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 03:29:12 PM »
Hi Macrotrust, welcome to HiFiCafe.
Do invite all your friends over to chat & share all about music ! We love to hear it.

Where did you buy these vinyl from? Locally or imported?

Macrotrust

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 05:41:34 PM »
All these LPs sourced locally and overseas. I buy record all over the world. Usually prefer USA as their shipment is affordable.

i am collectors of Good Sounding Jazz Lps- usually Blue Note and Japaness Jazz- they are one the best sounding LPs.

Sooner or later all will migrate here from the Ex-Xtremeplace members.

Macrotrust

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 01:05:10 AM »

SRX is a carbonless formula that not only decreases background noise but increases dynamic range and musical detail, perhaps because the silent backgrounds reveal these important musical cues. SRX makes for the quietest backgrounds, the highest resolution, the most music.

The best sounding that you can get-
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 01:09:52 AM by Macrotrust »

Macrotrust

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 12:07:56 AM »

My favourite Teresa Teng- rare Lps- get the original LP not the reissue Lps- no way anyway near the original- Once tasted you will find ways and means to get the original.

Reissue is too diluted and thin in her vocal. It is like drinking freshly brewed coffee not recycle coffee - taste funny.

Very premium pricing unless you are die hard fan.

sydney1128

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 09:13:35 AM »
ya man, the price for original pressed is really sky high these days....
very expensive  :(

Macrotrust

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 11:38:30 AM »
Haha- u think it sky high- it even going  higher-almost extinct those original press- very rare- now no more can be found- TT LPs  are the most expensive - people who buy know what they are in for. Those TT collectors  have High End HI FI gears- what is a record to them- small change.

Many reissues TT LP in the market- the sound is crappy- cannot listen. They lost the original master tapes (i suspected) even reissue of Universal music -owner of Taurus and polydor label sound horrible- bought so many until i tried the original LPS- day and nite difference- Since then been hunting for it- bought a lot  from a Singapore collectors & overseas( those interested can try HK)

I have most of TT LPs- only some will not buy- dont like the track. Usually will test track before any purchase- no point buying for the sake of buying if you are not going to listen and the track is not attractive to you.

Even Tsai Chin ablums are not cheap- but so far- reissue sound good- never bother to find original press.

Once u have bought Chinese LPs like TT- you will be immune to good Jazz LP pricing- (not refering to RVG original press- blue note there is a totally different market) With Tone Poet and MMJ no need to find RVG copies. RVG is old school- Kevin Gray is new school with better electronic gear and mixing in today terms.

Macrotrust

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2020, 01:52:07 PM »

Taurus label is good sound quality- Playing TT Lps are complicated- different label come with different sound quality - need to mix and match different Step up transformer to suit its recording.

Polydor label bright sounding- Taurus- mixed bags-  Kolin label- Taiwan pressing- i like the best- Some audiophile in HK says they dont like it- add colouration as to equalise the high toward mid band.

No right or wrong- depend on your set up all 3 label give me the best sounding using different SUT for synergy. SUT is a funny thing- some label get along very well, some dont due to different mastering and recording process. It is trial and error. If you are stuck with one fixed Phono amp- even with adjustable capacitance or loading- maybe can still fine tune. Whether you get the best sounding is another issue.

Different mix and match- u have to try it. After a while u will know the characteristics of each label matching with each SUT including tonearm. Cartridge is fixed only play around with SUT and tonearm cable.

Once you get it- it is very addictive the sound-if not will not spend premium money on original LP and other LP. mIght as well stick to CD and streaming. Same song but with different format.

Macrotrust

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2020, 10:28:39 PM »

The RUN DMC- is a must hoot LP-very shiok sounding- make sure your speaker can take the blow and rumble  of the bass.

Nina Simon- excellent sound quality- dont miss it.

Moaning- this is the best sound quality-

Donald Byrd- have click and pop- made in the EU.

Macrotrust

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2020, 01:59:11 PM »

Limited edition of MISIA.

Macrotrust

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2020, 11:32:39 PM »

Very shiok sounding LP- the above- dont miss it. Good Sound track rocks the house. Every day  is live Jazz concert.

Macrotrust

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2020, 10:18:09 AM »

Good sounding LP.

Charles mingus- the best sounding u ever get.

For those who are interested to get  The Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/%E5%B1%B1%E6%9C%AC%E5%89%9B%E3%83%88%E3%83%AA%E3%82%AA/dp/B08JHXGFSY/ref=sr_1_25?dchild=1&keywords=The+Tsuyoshi+Yamamoto+Trio&qid=1606097764&sr=8-25

sydney1128

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2020, 03:24:54 PM »
Yes I have Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio vinyl too that I bought from Simply Music.
Might want to consider checking out local selling price as pricing may not be so big difference.

I will need to check out Gil Evans Orchestra music....

Thank you for the recommendation.

Macrotrust

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2020, 03:02:41 PM »
I seldom go to Adelphine mall - nothing much to see- All Hi Fi gears really expensive.

Only goes there when necessary- usually buy online with Discount and free shipping.

Gil_Evans-New_Bottle_Old_Wine-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record

Get the above Gil Evans- u will love it- sound stage is so good. very high end sounding.