Author Topic: Ansuz Mainz D8 Distributor  (Read 7451 times)

wwasabe

• View Profile
Ansuz Mainz D8 Distributor
« on: August 23, 2016, 02:20:23 PM »
Hello members, travelling to Hong Kong next week. Will be auditioning the Ansuz Mainz D8 distributor while I'm in Hong Kong. Haven't had a chance to listen in Singapore. Heard many bros in Singapore own this distributor and it's very very good.  Please share your listening experience.

I don't have any system now as recently sold everything. In the process of getting a new system so got plenty of time.

sydney1128

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ansuz Mainz D8 Distributor
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 10:13:49 AM »
Bro Wwasade, why don't your get your system up first then consider the distributor later?
What kind of setup you plan to assemble this time?
Tube? Transistor ?
Maybe wanner share with us?

wwasabe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 11:26:40 AM »
At this moment have shortlisted Vitus Audio amp to pair with Magico S3 speaker. Will hear more while in HongKong. Regardless what I end up with I still need a high quality distributor. That's why I want end user of Ansuz D8 to share their thoughts.

watchdog

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 02:06:28 PM »
I am pesonally not a believer of the idea that any one component could be perfect for all. Any distributor used is going to have a sonic signature - so it would be best for your to get your setup up and running first before finding the best distributor that suits your ears. The local Ansuz distributor is quite generous with him home-trial policy, so you could always try before you buy.

If you do go down that route, please do report back on your experiences, as well as your comments on other distributors that you have tried.

Francis Huang

• Freshman member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 06:33:54 PM »
Mainz8 D prefers a darker with better high mid power cord feeding it to sound more balance

wwasabe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 04:26:53 PM »
Mainz8 D prefers a darker with better high mid power cord feeding it to sound more balance

Francishuang, in HongKong now but won't have a chance to test Ansuz till Friday after my work. Do you own the mainz8 D? What power cord will you recommend based on your experience?

Francis Huang

• Freshman member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 08:28:20 PM »
Yes, i own it before. Had it for a yr plus
Like eric said, the local distributor is very obliging for a home demo. His price most likely will be much lower than in hk. He offer a very very very generous discount over retail

It sounded very good with the ansuz diamond cord. Have not try it with the new ansuz dtc cord though.
The distributor will work well with the ansuz family of power cords. I believe the mainz8 is design to make the sound of the ansuz power cord more balance. At the same time offering a low impdence current delivery and star grounding
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:32:00 PM by Francis Huang »