Author Topic: Triode Wire Labs  (Read 7079 times)

zacho

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Triode Wire Labs
« on: June 01, 2017, 02:09:11 PM »
About a year ago, I started my journey on finding aftermarket power cables for my integrated amp and DAC. Friends were kind enough to bring over some of their power cables to let me audition in my setup, allowing me to have some perspective on what different cables brought to the table. I auditioned about 4-5 different cables and found that there always was some kind of trade-off when swapping between cables. None of the cables I auditioned gave me the peace of mind that was required for me to commit to a purchase. During this time, I was also doing the usual research online and came across Triode Wire Labs that championed a "NATURAL PRAT (Pace, Rhythm & Timing), with the emphasis on natural, non-fatiguing analog sound". Also, their cables were flexible, which meant it was easier to work with for those with space constraints, and relatively affordable.

I reached out to Peter Grzybowski aka Triode Pete, founder, owner and chief designer at Triode Wire Labs, to ask him about his TWL Ten Plus power cable. Pete was extremely accommodating of all the typical newbie questions I had. In all my emails to Pete, he was always very passionate, very responsive, and very respectful. Definitely one of the good guys! After several emails, I decided on a 6ft TWL Ten Plus power cable and had to wait just a few days for it to arrive from New York thanks to FedEx International Priority Shipping.

They say the proof is in the pudding, so how did it sound? Here's the feedback I wrote to Pete after a week with the TWL Ten Plus: Have it plugged into my DAC right now and am utterly impressed. Leagues ahead of anything i've ever heard/tried in my system. So many layers of detail in the music have been revealed to me. So much more detail and clarity. Clarity not at the expense of tone. Clarity as a result of a much darker background and greater harmonics. Vocals never sounded more life-like on my system. Even at low listening levels, i'm noticing so much more detail. A true testament to the greater resolution the 10+ seems to bring out of the music.

Fast forward 11 Months and I have just completed the full loom of TWL cables with the "TWL American Speaker Cable" and I could not be happier. The cables truly are responsible for a more natural sound that isn't just smoother, but easier to listen to. During this 11 months, I've had the opportunity to listen to many more cables at varying price points and still come back to TWL. The list of TWL cables I now have are:

TWL Ten Plus PC
TWL Seven Plus PC w/ custom IeGO Pure Furukawa Copper Carbon Fibre connectors
TWL Digital American PC
TWL Spirit Interconnects RCA
TWL Spirit 75 digital SPDIF
TWL American Speaker Cables

TWL has a direct sales business model based in the US which usually means you have to buy-to-try for us folks in Singapore. So, I'm willing to give everyone here the opportunity to try-before-you-buy. If anyone here is interested in trying these cables in your own system, I'd be more than happy to bring them to your place so you don't have to take my word for it. Just shoot me a pm, or WhatsApp me @ 82280202 and we can arrange a time/date.

I've asked Pete if he's able to offer us any specials and he has agreed to offer the same FedEx International Priority Shipping (3-4 working days) for FREE if you quote "TWLSG" in your correspondence with him. He also has requested that those interested in his cables email him (triodewirelabs@outlook.com) because "I prefer to have 'contact' with them, since I believe it's part of business relationship & the best way for customer service." I told you he was a top guy.

sydney1128

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Triode Wire Labs
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 03:32:51 PM »
Hi bro Zacho, thank you so much for sharing this great news!!!
I know shipping can actually cost quite a bit with courier service from USA to SG!!!!

Hey I saw from their website http://www.triodewirelabs.com/triodeweb/ and they do not have balance interconnect at the moment? Any idea when will they release their balance interconnect?

Also in your setup, do you use any power conditional?

Please advise.
Thank you.

zacho

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 05:58:55 PM »
Hi bro Zacho, thank you so much for sharing this great news!!!
I know shipping can actually cost quite a bit with courier service from USA to SG!!!!

Hey I saw from their website http://www.triodewirelabs.com/triodeweb/ and they do not have balance interconnect at the moment? Any idea when will they release their balance interconnect?

Also in your setup, do you use any power conditional?

Please advise.
Thank you.

They actually do have the balanced interconnects on their website already! It can be found in the dropdown "Version" menu under the Spirit Interconnects product page. They products that have yet to be updated on the website are their USB cables (split power, discrete, and dongle) and the TWL Gold Statement Power Cord. I think Pete's been rather busy of late and hasn't had time to update his website so it's best to shoot him and email if you're interested in anything. He's able to make custom lengths with custom connectors of your choice.

I use the Plixir BAC 1200 currently for power conditioning :)

zacho

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 03:41:27 PM »
Check out this video:

https://youtu.be/33inE5usHzM

There are quite a few more videos on YouTube (AVShowReports) featuring TWL cables. Just do a quick search for "Triode Wire Labs" and they should populate the first page of results.
Modify message

watchdog

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 11:32:11 AM »
It's quite a tall statement to make, but I think that his flagship Obsession power cord is one of the best values in his lineup as well as the cable industry in general.

benlzy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 12:29:15 PM »
The speaker cables were of even higher performance than his powercords and to me, that's where the true 'best value' lies!