Author Topic: isolation footer position  (Read 6768 times)

bear1014

• View Profile
isolation footer position
« on: August 24, 2016, 09:49:58 AM »
hi, recently there is a mo selling hot at other website selling footer with tungsten ball, China clone version.
Anyone tried and found the ideal position for footer in your setup?

reference(3pcs footers, using SR real footer as guidance)
http://www.synergisticresearch.com/new-mig-2-0-isolation-footers-with-hft-technology/

sydney1128

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: isolation footer position
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 10:25:16 AM »
Have not try the China clone but am very very happy with existing Finite Elemente Ceraball and Cerapuc. With them under CDP, you will notice significant improvement! Quieter, refine high frequency and tighter and deeper bass. Instant magic!

jb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 11:20:47 AM »
I think for footer is better you can test it at your own CDP or amp as some may work and some have very little improvement. But if the price is dirt cheap then just grip a few pieces and try...no harm trying to improve the sound...

watchdog

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 02:02:57 PM »
The optimal placement of the footer depends on your individual component, in particular, it's weight, weight distribution and the sources of vibration within the components (e.g. A motor for the CDP, or the vibration from the power transformer).

A good guide I read from an accessory manufacturer would be to find the centre of gravity of the component, and then drawing an imaginary circle from that centre point. Three (or four) footers can be placed equidistant along the circumference of the imaginary circle.

For ball bearing footers, I've found them personally to sound best upright, with the bearing closest to the component. YMMV, so feel free to experiment.

bear1014

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 10:58:51 PM »
thanks for sharing. ya, it is good to try. will learn from the basic, before moving to branded footer.

watchdog

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 09:05:22 AM »
I was clearing out my things when I found my guide book for the Kryna D-Prop and C-Prop footers. Will post some pictures later. It shows recommended positions for their footers under various components.

Kryna has a slightly different approach. I can't read Japanese but from my conversation with the dealer, and guessing from the diagrams, different model footers are used depending on whether the supported point is (i) being isolated from external vibration or (ii) a source of vibration. Example (i) would be the circuit board of component while (ii) would be the CD player spindle motor, transformer, turntable platter and tonearm bearings.

I copy and paste a google translate from their website,

In the case of the active equipment by itself be a source of vibration, you must insulator is a mechanic diode.
(A) vibration is hard got,
drop in (B) vibration (A).
 Let's use the spike type of insulator of easy to tell the vibration material.
(When choosing the insulator, note the impact of the material-specific sound.)
KRYNA of D-PROPextend as of, the effect as a further mechanic diode will be higher and to the spike double (double spike structure).

Here are some pictures,

I am assuming that the footers should be placed with the centre of gravity in the middle of the triangle created by the three footers.

Some suggestions on placement.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 09:41:32 AM by watchdog »