Author Topic: upgrade of wall plug  (Read 21757 times)

jb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
upgrade of wall plug
« on: November 18, 2016, 11:24:17 AM »
plan to upgrade my SINE wall plug, any other good value for money good brand that I should upgrade to... see attached wall plug photo

watchdog

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: upgrade of wall plug
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 11:33:06 PM »
The Sine one has the advantage of having a very complete look.

My preference is to use the aluminum face plate sold by some hifi shops or Koba in Chinatown, and just use your own outlets of your choice.

Some tips for those thinking of doing this. There are two sizes, the faceplate for the single UK outlet, and the double UK outlet (same as the Sine one in JB's post). I strongly recommend the double faceplate over the single one. Both only accommodate a single US duplex outlet. The single UK faceplate has a lot of difficulties fitting the US outlet, unless you are willing to cut aggressively into the outlet. You will probably end up breaking off not just the ears, but any part of the mounting tabs projecting from the outlet body.

Wizardofoz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 03:04:09 AM »
Sine also have UK style power outlets (single and double) that have no switches.

jb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 10:43:10 PM »
some bro have suggested Furutech GTX-D NCF (R) , any one has use this receptacle before and your comment on this.

audiobeng

• Freshman member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 12:40:08 AM »
Seeking opinion on Sine wall outlets...any users out there? Compared with other brands (US outlets) like Oyaide, Hubbell or MK etc etc? I have a nagging slight tizzy treble that I can't seem to get rid off... and through process of elimination...it's either the Sine outlet or a mismatch in PC plug (oyaide 004) to the Sine outlet. Any users having/had the same problem and using Sine too? Thanks
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 12:47:11 AM by audiobeng »

watchdog

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 07:38:37 AM »
The Oyaide PC-004 requires plenty of burn-in. Not sure whether your PC plug is new ? It can sound a bit hard and brittle before burn-in. I've used Hubbell and Oyaide but not Sine in my system so I can't comment on the tone.

jb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 11:23:51 PM »
The Sine wall outlet that I used give more treble that I need...that is why think of using Furutech GTX-D NCF(R) to roll off some high freqs. But anyway after I listen to using the PS audio P10 (power regeneration unit) in some of the system...this is definitely a must have as it improves the sound in all area, bass, mid range and high freqs. Using cable along cannot achieve this kind of improvement.

RandalllCrics

upgrade of wall plug
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 01:28:21 AM »
Very nice setup. maybe can post more pics, is the tank see through into the room?

audiobeng

• Freshman member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 02:20:31 AM »
All of my cables and outlet is almost 2 years old. When I can get some kind soul to help me change the Sine back to MK, I will in a heartbeat. Though not the main culprit, I suspect it's contributing to the tizz. I could be wrong, but I read somewhere in passing, that platinum is from the same family as rhodium. Aiyah, should have gotten the gold plated one.

jb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 10:47:11 PM »
Finally bought the  Furutech GTX-D NCF(R)  to replace the SINW wall outlet.... will report back how the Furutech as compare to SINE after install and listen. Buy from Japan Amazon will get the cheapest price.

WildRain

• Freshman member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 10:35:15 AM »
Finally bought the  Furutech GTX-D NCF(R)  to replace the SINW wall outlet.... will report back how the Furutech as compare to SINE after install and listen. Buy from Japan Amazon will get the cheapest price.

How is this working out bro? I'm considering getting one too. However, a new one would be out of budget....so should look at a non NCF used one.
Sony Z1es | Densen DM20 | DM30 | Dynaudio S1.4

Nordost Heimdall | Baldur | QED Genesis

Maestro | 7N-4030 | Plixir Elementa BAC3000 | PC

jb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 08:22:14 PM »
The Furutech GTX-D NCF has better control of bass and it gives a very refine treble... those metal brush sound from jazz were present nicely. Overall it also has more depth. Those harsh CD I have all sound nice with GTX-D NCF. overall I will say is one grade better than the SINE receptacle in sound quality, you will not regret getting it. I am still burnt in the receptacle, and the sound start open out wider stage and vocal sound more realistic.
As my outlet metal casing is built inside the wall, so I cannot use the 105D and the furutech face plate, else I think the sound will improve even further. I will implement this if I plan to run a separate power line in future.

WildRain

• Freshman member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2017, 05:51:55 PM »
The Furutech GTX-D NCF has better control of bass and it gives a very refine treble... those metal brush sound from jazz were present nicely. Overall it also has more depth. Those harsh CD I have all sound nice with GTX-D NCF. overall I will say is one grade better than the SINE receptacle in sound quality, you will not regret getting it. I am still burnt in the receptacle, and the sound start open out wider stage and vocal sound more realistic.
As my outlet metal casing is built inside the wall, so I cannot use the 105D and the furutech face plate, else I think the sound will improve even further. I will implement this if I plan to run a separate power line in future.

Nice bro...did you happen to compare any other reputed ones? Oyaide R1 or likes? i know it's not easy to AB like cables. just asking

jb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 09:22:03 PM »
Hard to do receptacle AB test as normally need at least two weeks to burnt in to achieve best sound... So after reading Bro watch dog review of the few receptacle on distributor  https://hificafe.sg/forum/index.php?topic=260.0  , I just pick one that think will best suited for my system. So far I think Furutech receptacle is quite matching to my system.

I actually have one pcs of Oyaide R1, may be will try switch to it and test. Actually I have been using the Oyaide R1 on MTS6 for a long time, I just think the vocal mid range sound thin, that is why change to Furutech. But if you want try Furutech receptacle, must use the NCF type... recommend by one of hifi kaki.

WildRain

• Freshman member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2017, 10:46:26 AM »
Hard to do receptacle AB test as normally need at least two weeks to burnt in to achieve best sound...

even after fully burnt in, it would be laborious to change the wall receptacles. Guessing the easiest way to compare would be to connect them to a good quality neutral distributor and compare sound characteristics.

Have been on Maestro receptacles for over 5 years. was also fancying an upgrade. Really liked the bro wathdog's Furutech sound in a short listen. not sure will enjoy it in the long term. Also it seems insanely expensive here. Need to get from Japan.