Author Topic: The power conditioning thread  (Read 47339 times)

sumotan

• Freshman member
    • View Profile
Re: The power conditioning thread
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2017, 05:37:35 PM »
Thks for the heads up. Noise from smps ???
Pls come, proof of the pudding is in listening.
Lol

jb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2017, 05:58:49 PM »
will do one of this day...
For those who like to DIY the powered iron core inductor, attached is the formula to calculate the inductance and design info... make sure you pick the correct range of iron core...

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 05:28:08 PM by jb »

sumotan

• Freshman member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2017, 07:17:04 PM »
Wow for all this dedication & your unselfishness to share,
I really do hope that readers would take heart & appreciate
what your doing. Bravo  :)

jb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2017, 02:34:50 PM »
Thanks for the compliment :) , hope the information will be useful for users that want to try it out...and hope more users will share if they do try the solution so we all gain...

sumotan

• Freshman member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2017, 08:26:05 PM »
The really sad thing these days are that diyers are really thin to the ground. The new
generations of audiophiles are more akin to buying expensive stuff & thinking that it's
bloody good due no small part to the press & marketing hype. Among this small minority
group of diyers, we also have the know it all gang who resist any comments simply because
they can or have build a couple of equipment which gives them the smugness or so they think.
So where does this leave guys like you & me JB ? How can we invite open minded beginners
& experience diyers to join us to exchange discuss etc. Go over to the other site & see what's
happening now

Cheers

jb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2017, 10:12:35 PM »
I can empathy with current generation of audiophiles as not everyone has the technical know how or the time to DIY, so buying branded HIFI is ok as along as put in effort to optimize the sound, anyway music is just a hobby....

With internet, now you can view what other people experiment in other country like diyAudio web has a lot of interesting audio idea to DIY, so don't be constraint to Singapore web site only. I believe if you have try out some good DIY idea and the solution is good and really work well in the system, some users will want to try it and so I hope the information on this site will allow them to experiment it and share their finding.

Example, this power condition staff were not value few years back, but now I see more people paying great attention to clean up their power supply to get the best sound. So the low pass filter you suggest may work for a lot of system, I plan to order a few powered iron core to try out myself...built a few prototype to try out... But I feel if you can design a AC -regeneration power condition is still the way to go...if you have any idea of circuit, please do share it here... I will explore this concept and share if I come across circuit that may work and just try DIY it.

sumotan

• Freshman member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2017, 09:47:06 PM »
In whatever we do its always the foundation thats
the most important. Just that most ppl think that
the foundation is from the equipment. If we're just
looking at equipment then transformers comes first.
Re regeneration yes perhaps we can look into it.
For me Im looking for simple solutions without
adding too many stuff

Cheers

watchdog

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2017, 02:27:32 PM »
I was having a recent discussion with some people on power conditioning vs power distributors. The power distributors I was discussing have absolute no form of power conditioning built in, so I will start a separate thread on this.

WildRain

• Freshman member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2018, 11:10:09 AM »
Wondering if anyone had a chance to compare sine SAT 3000 with Plixir Elementa BAC 1500, as they're roughly in the same price bracket. Plixir is obviously the favorite these days, but sine gives u an option of having boh 110v & 220v outlets in the same chassis
Sony Z1es | Densen DM20 | DM30 | Dynaudio S1.4

Nordost Heimdall | Baldur | QED Genesis

Maestro | 7N-4030 | Plixir Elementa BAC3000 | PC